Sunday, May 12, 2013

past few days

*Friday I attended Cam's Mother's Day celebration at school.  I've heard that many children on the Autism spectrum have difficulty showing emotion or even feeling emotion.  It was so sweet to me to see Cam's face throughout his class' presentation.  He was soooo happy and proud to have me there and would have been devastated had I not.  Sure made me feel extra good. :)


*We had Kendall's T-ball party yesterday. Overall I would say she "kind of enjoyed" the season. :)  Both Chris and I have talked about maybe taking a year off and trying something else. Last fall my mom's group had an outing to a gymnastics place.  Kendall STILL talks about it. Hmmm...we'll see.

Here they are after her trophy presentation...a highlight of the entire season. :)


*This morning started out with my sweet family walking up to Starbucks (while I stayed in bed and relaxed) and returning with my request, a Hazelnut Macchiato. After church we headed to my parent's house for lunch. We had a fun time and are looking forward to a relaxing evening before the week begins.

*I made homemade Cheez-its yesterday with all whole wheat flour (as opposed to 1/2 and 1/2).  I was glad that the kids didn't notice. :)

*Zoe, it was so nice of you to repay our kindess of allowing you to stay in the garage for a while (due to her recent spaying) by chewing up Cameron's bike helmet.  Guess her chewing stage will never pass.  Grrr....

2 comments:

Jessica said...

glad you enjoyed the Mother's Day tea :) Ethan's class did one as well and it was oh so special. I just cling to the days that they are excited to have us come visit their classrooms :)

I hear ya on the sports. Although we enjoyed the little spring season of soccer, we decided not to sign Ethan up for fall soccer. It's just too much of a commitment for now. I think I'm actually going to let him do gymnastics as well (although it is Much more expensive than soccer,. which is a bummer, but the benefit is that it only takes up one hour of our week).

And you know what, you take your kids to play and do fun stuff more than anyone I know, I think that more than makes up for a season of skipping sports, I think they enjoy the outings more anyhow :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a cute picture of you and Cam at the mother's day celebration!

And for Kendall's T-ball debut, she may not have loved the sport, but she sure loved having people yell for her come to watch HER. :)

Mom