Thursday, July 19, 2018

end of an era

A couple of days ago we watched the very last Harry Potter movie after completing the final book a few days prior.  This series will always, always hold such a special place in my heart. Are they my favorite books of all time? Yep. Will I probably read them again someday? Yep. But most importantly, they have provided hours of precious memories for first myself and Cameron, and then just this last time with Kendall included as well.

Over the years we've read in the car, in hotel rooms, and on camping trips. But most of our reading times have been spent at home.








I'm not sure how it evolved, but somehow a, "special snack" became a part of our reading times. I would only have to yell, "Who wants Harry and special snack??!!!", and both kids would come racing downstairs. Basically I let them fill a little cup with cereal/crackers and a few chocolate chips. Typically, my one rule was that they could only fill it to the brim. As you can see...sometimes I was a little lenient on this rule. :)



So here we are after our last movie. You might not be able to tell, but I had been crying just a bit. Thanks, Harry Potter, for giving my kids and I soooo many sweet memories. :)


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sweet memories for sure 😊

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, sorry it's over.
Mom