Tuesday, July 9, 2019

more summer stuff

*The 4th of July was very low key and so much fun this year. We started out watching a short little parade with some friends.


We next walked across the street to a park where they had food booths, a patriotic band, etc.


Later my parents came over for a BBQ dinner and fireworks. Rather than go to a show, we sat outside our house and had a nice view of some Beaumont city fireworks. Chris brought out his blue tooth speaker and played patriotic music, which made it so fun. :)


*Saturday was another ride with our cycling club. My dad was unable to go due to a recent eye procedure, but he showed up to see us off and was there when we returned (and treated me to an iced latte, which has become what I always crave after our long rides).



*A few days ago we biked to Panera Bread for breakfast, then across the street we stopped at Hobby Lobby to get a craft kit Kendall had been wanting.


*Yesterday we visited Jen and her family in the desert. They were staying for a week and invited us to their hotel to swim. The kids had a blast and it's always fun for Jen and I to hang out.



*This morning we took a walk up the road to a local bakery. The kids raved and raved about the coffee cake, which had a crumb topping almost an inch thick. :)




*Bachelorette pick: Peter

*The kids and I finished the first Hunger Games book and movie. They are hooked!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You've made me want to read Hunger Games to my kids now 📖😊