Friday, November 9, 2007

swiss family robinson

I just left the video store in search of the movie, "The Waitress". I'm a Keri Russell fan (from the good ol' Felicity days). Unfortunately they didn't have it. I looked around, but could not find something that I could justify spending $4 on. I know, I'm cheap. But I HATE the feeling of flipping on a movie, not liking it, and knowing I wasted $4. We rarely rent movies anymore...thanks to our trustee Tivo. Anyway, I got to thinking about those movies that, when you see them, remind you of your childhood. Here are a few of mine:

*Swiss Family Robinson-my favorite part was the end where they had a family race riding animals.
*The Nombmobile (sp?)-I barely remember this one. I just remember lots of pixies, which I thought were ultra cool!
*Sound of Music-Chris hasn't seen this, which I think is a crime. Even more of a crime is that he has no desire to see it.
*Flight of the Navigator-I thought Sara Jessica Parker was SO cool in this, despite her small role.
*Pollyana
*Summer Magic-few have heard of this movie. It is a GREAT Haley Mills classic.

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

Oh.. this brought back so many memories!!! I loved! The Swiss Family Robinson and the Nombmobile...I have this urge to now watch both. HA.

I would also have to add "The Wonderful World of Disney" - they always had shows I liked - The Apple Dumpling gang for one. And I would have to add anything by Fairy Tail Theater - The six dancing princesses (my all time favorite!), the princess and the pea, and the frog prince. Classics!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! Of course mine are pretty much the same as yours. It's spelled "gnome" though - it is really important in life that you be able to spell "gnome" correctly.

Oh! What about "Parent Trap?" The old, true, one with Haley Mills.

I don't remember "Flight of the Navigator" at all. What was that movie with the kid that finds that really huge, old book and becomes involved in the story...with a dragon-thing, etc. Was that "The Neverending Story?"

Oh! And "The Wizard of Oz!" Can't forget that classic!

Anonymous said...

We had a 13-year-old boy from overseas in our home a few months ago and the first movie we had that he wanted to watch was "Swiss Family Robinson" although he'd seen it before. It's really a classic (remember how Dad always overused that word?!--HA!)

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

Kelly, I LOVE your list! Many are childhood favorites of mine, as well. I actually broke down and bought Summer Magic just this year! It was on sale at Target for $4.99, so it was a MUST! And

I was cracking up about the Gnome-Mobile! I watched that over and over and over again, although I worry that if I were to watch it today that I'd feel like what I assume being on drugs is like. Unfortunately, I did this with another childhood favorite recently and halfway through, decided to break out a bottle of wine because it was THAT crazy...let's see if you remember it: XANADU, starring Olivia Newton-John!