Wednesday, July 30, 2008

go ahead and make fun of me...

As most stay at home moms can hopefully attest, sometimes it is a struggle to come up with things to do throughout the day. The summer heat combined with the fact that Cam adores being outside so he can run around makes it difficult. So on a day when we have already been to 1 or 2 parks and I don't want to spend money on gas to drive somewhere far, we resort to our good ol' standby, Walmart. Go ahead, I can imagine the jokes formulating in your mind. Walmart?? Why of course! It's air conditioned, within 5 minutes of our house, free, and most of all Cam loves it!

We have our typical ritual when we travel to Walmart. We first stop off to visit the "fishies".



Once we are done with that, Cam announces that it is time for "book, book!!". So we head over to the children's book section. Cam has three favorites that we always read.


After this we head over to the grocery section where I usually need to get one or two items. So go ahead and make fun of us. :) It might sound a little pathetic to you. But if it does, you probably don't have a toddler anxious to get out of the house, and mom equally so!

7 comments:

Cindy Kay said...

Thats great!! Actually Dan who is almost 37 goes to Walmart when he's bored too. He can walk around for hours. Usually it's the books & magazines and then it's the car deptment that catches his attention :) No worries Kelly, it's all good ...

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's embarassing. SOOOO unclassy. As for US, WE only hang out at the local hardware store - checking out the animals in the pet section you know.

Jessica said...

Sounds great to me! It's free, close by, and keeps your boy entertained :) If I went there I would just have to stay out of the craft section or it would turn into a very expensive diversion ;)

Donna Stark said...

HA! I love it! And you have such a beautiful big new one, too. (Just don't start buying Cameron a sweet treat...or you're TOAST for every future trip to Walmart!)

Anonymous said...

Does your walmart have a lobster tank in meat and fish department? That's Emma's favorite part of Walmart. But I have never sat and read to them in the book section...

Team Harry said...

I was just about to post on how much we love Walmart!!! I don't think ur wierd or pass any judgements for being so creative with your time at Walmart!!

Amynikki said...

I am with you! I love Wal-Mart and get teased relentlessly by my husband and mom. My 5 year old daughter and I get excited when I need to run in and get a few things.