Saturday, December 20, 2008

easy and AMAZING!

Yesterday we had our ending Christmas party for my moms group at church. I was supposed to bring a bread dish for the potluck brunch. Susan gave me a recipe that I was a little hesitant to try since I've never made it before.

This is literally the easiest recipe you'll ever make and it is absolutely amazing!! It was less than 5 minutes into the potluck before the whole thing was gone. This isn't to toot my own horn either. It simply looks irresistible and tastes the same..and did I mention it was easy?? So if you need to bring a breakfast dish somewhere or just want to make this for yourself, I guarantee you'll agree with my rave reviews!!

The Land of Nod
20 frozen dinner rolls (I found these by the frozen garlic bread)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vanilla instant pudding (just the powder)
2 Tbls. cinnamon
1 stick melted butter.

Grease a bundt pan and place the 20 rolls around the bottom. Sprinkle sugar, pudding and cinnamon over top. Drizzle melted butter. Cover with a damp cloth and leave out on your counter over night. In the morning, bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes then invert onto a platter. Enjoy!!!

Here is a picture of the treat. I don't own a bundt pan, so I just used a casserole dish. It still came out yummy, but I think the bundt pan would make for a prettier presentation. I also drizzled a mixture of powdered sugar and milk over the top. Also, the original recipe calls for raisins and you could also sprinkle nuts on top. I tend to think both of those are nasty in bread, but if you disagree, by all means...!!

6 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Ouuuuu, it WAS yummy! And quite the hit! I'm definitely fixing it next time.

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is absolutely WICKED - a "must-try" for anyone who appreciates a little sugar!

Jessica said...

Yum, I'm going to have to try this! It was actually all gone by the time I got my food! I guess it was just that delicious :)

Team Harry said...

Sounds like a great idea for Christmas morning!! Thanks

Josh, Emily, and Kids said...

Kelly, those things are awesome! My (Josh's) family has been making those every Christmas morning for as long as I can remember. This year though Em and I decided to mix it up and try something a little different, and a lot more difficult to make. They are the best cinnamon rolls ever, also known as "crack rolls", check out our blog to see how we made them.

Jessica said...

My mom looked at your blog from the link on mine and she made these today... she said they were great! i didn't get to try any, but I'm going to have to make them :)