Sunday, December 27, 2009

buckle


Today we went to Palm Springs for lunch and to walk around the mall. Every time I've been to the mall, I've looked longingly at one of the stores, Buckle. They have the cutest jeans and I've always wanted to try them on. I love cute back pockets. These jeans have the most unique pockets I've seen.

Today Chris convinced me to go for it, even though I knew they were pretty expensive. I figured that since I did have some Christmas money, I should give them a try. As the girl was helping me find my size, I glanced at the price tag. $146.00. Um...no. I did try them on and I'll admit I loved the way they fit, but I would NEVER spend that much on jeans. To be honest, even $50 is a little much. I tend to stick more in the $30 (or under!) range.

I have never agreed with people who claim that expensive jeans are, "...the ONLY ones that fit me well!". You haven't looked hard enough, in my opinion. :) So I'll keep looking since two pairs of my jeans now have holes in the knee (since I've had them for over 5 years).

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I wish my jeans from 5 years ago still fit me! I've always wanted to buy a pair of expensive jeans, but like you, I just can't bring myself to do it. I have a friend who goes and tries on expensive jeans and then finds them for way cheaper on Ebay.

Donna Stark said...

Hey, that's a good idea. Can you return something from ordering on eBay if it doesn't fit?

krista said...

i have 1 pair of buckle jeans that ben bought me as a congratulations present when i got my new job this year. (they were a lil less...100). i never spend that much either. they are the only pair i really wear now. i honestly do have a heck of a time finding jeans long enough and buckle's extra extra long jeans fit me. i love my pair of buckles :)

Anonymous said...

So funny you are blogging about this. When Mindy and Wendy came over they were discussing Paige Premium Denim??? I hadn't even heard of the brand--which isn't surprising considering my acknowledged lack of fashion--but Mindy swears they are the best jeans she's ever worn (and also retail for $150+). I'm looking forward to getting into some new jeans after I pop this baby out, but I just can't see myself, not in a million years, shelling out that kind of dough for one pair! As a side note, your readers who are more fashionable than I might be interested to know that there are several pairs of Paige jeans marked down 40-70% on the Nordstrom website (I had to go there to remember the name)!

Cindy Kay said...

Love Buckle... have one pair that Dan bought me. They were $75 and have really cute pockets. They are now 2 years old and faded but I still try to squeeze into them on our evenings out. My next best are from Costco 29.99 ( with cute pockets ) and I will buy 3 more pair if i can ever find them again!!!