Saturday, November 6, 2010

book


Whenever we go to the library, I typically sit on the floor (while the kids roam around) and rifle through books to see which ones would be good for Cam. My main criteria are the number of words. I don't want too many, to where he would lose interest. I also don't want too few, because 3 words per page won't exactly help build his vocabulary. :)

Anyway, a few weeks ago I got home with a book that I realized was by Jaime Lee Curtis. I ended up loving the book and felt like it was a great tool to teach Cam some "big", good words. Today I was so excited when he brought up one of the words during a discipline moment. We were at Target and he pressed a button on a toy after I told him not to. We left the toy department and I explained to him that it was because he disobeyed. He said, "Mom, am I not responsible?" I said, "Yes, Cameron. That was not responsible of you to push the button after I told you not to." Granted, maybe it wasn't the best word for the moment, but I was so excited that he was using it somewhat appropriately.

I would highly recommend checking this one out from your library. :)