Wednesday, December 15, 2010

cam the champ

Last night was Cam's Christmas program for school. We debated having him attend. Last week his teachers said he seemed rather overwhelmed when the 75+ kids practiced each day. After much analyzing, Chris said, "Kelly, let's give him the chance to succeed." That was all I needed. Was I nervous for him? Absolutely. But I kept repeating in my mind what Chris had said.

HE DID GREAT!!! He was a little hesitant walking down the aisle toward the stage (with about 200+ people staring and snapping pictures...who wouldn't be?). While on stage, he sang a little, did a few motions, but mostly hung out on or around where he was supposed to be. He never got upset and kept waving to us in the back. I couldn't have been more proud and I'm so glad we did give him the chance to succeed.

We took videos, but I think they are a little long to include. It was very hard to get a decent picture since he was kind of in the back, but here is a one of him walking down afterward with his teacher.

3 comments:

susan said...

LOVE it! And I loved the video. Wow he didn't seem the least tiny bit nervous!! You must have been bursting with pride sitting there. So happy! Yay, Cameron!!!

Jessica deBruyn said...

Yay Cam!!! And Yay to you and Chris for the leap of faith! So, so happy it went well!

Donna Stark said...

Hip, hip, hooray! You're the man, Cameron!!

My eyes were so glued to him I don't even know what the other kids were doing...but I'm sure it was cute. :o)