Saturday, April 7, 2018

sick, sick, sick

*Spring break came and went. I had been SO excited to have a week off with the kids. We had planned a two-night stay at the beach. All that went out the door the day after Cam got back from science camp. First he got sick, then Kendall, then I did. Mine lasted the longest and I wasn't normal for 14 days. Ugh.

For the first part of the sick bug the kids were up at Debbie and Wayne's. This was SOO helpful to me in that I could stay in bed all day long without needing to take care of anyone else. I'm incredibly grateful to Chris' mom, who not only took care of my kids, but Chris' dad as well since my kids got him sick too! :(

Here they are making pizza with grandma, which she sent back with them and is always so handy to have in my freezer.



We had to cancel our beach trip, which was so disappointing. Chris bypassed all the sickness, thankfully, and was able to do a few fun things with the kids since I was out of commission.

He took them to John's Incredible Pizza one day, which was the highlight of their break. :)


My dad took Cam on a bike ride one morning and Chris took Kendall and the quad girls to breakfast.


He took them out to the desert one day to a park and Sam's Club.



I forced myself to do a couple things with them even though I felt rather yucky. I just didn't want the break to pass with me in bed the ENTIRE time. Here we are having a picnic at a park.


*This week back at work was a busy and long one...but I honestly didn't mind too much because it was just so nice to feel like a human again.

*Today the kids are going to a birthday party. Can you tell I'm running low on gift bags? :)


 *We are now on the last Harry Potter book. I'm so sad just thinking we are nearing the end. My favorite times are reading to the kids. Luckily this one is a long one so I'm sure we won't finish until the summer. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are finally feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

sick, sick, sick...sad, sad, sad! The only thing that helps to think about is that if you'd had to miss that many days of work, you'd be up a creek without a paddle! So sorry it was so miserable! We never realize how thankful we are for our health until we don't have it, do we?
Mom

Jessica said...

I had the flu like that one year .. Man it's miserable. I'm so sorry you had to miss out on enjoying spring break! Thank goodness summer is around the corner.