Saturday, June 5, 2021

kendallorian for historian!


*Kendall celebrated her 12th birthday last month with a few friends from school. They played a water balloon toss game, painted nails, and decorated cupcakes.


*Tomorrow Cam and I will ride with my dad after a few weeks off. During our last ride (pic below), my dad's tire hit something (we're still not sure what) and he took a pretty bad fall. He's been healing/recovering and he feels ready to tackle another ride now. 



*Last summer Susan and I had planned to take my parents away for a couple nights to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Due to Covid, we thought it might never happen. Luckily we were able to book a night in Big Bear a few weeks back. We hadn't been away, just the four of us, in over 20 years! Such fun!!



*Kendall was baptized a few weeks back. What a special day. We were so proud that she initiated wanting to get baptized, but then also proud of the sweet speech she prepared for the actual baptism. We celebrated afterward with the whole family.

 

*Kendall ran for student council this year. Kind of handy to have a graphic designer in the family for her posters! While she didn't win the position she was running for, she was chosen to take a different position, which I think will end up being a lot of fun for her.


*Memorial Day found us on a short hike with my sister. 


*That night we took the kids to Red Robin.



*Yesterday was my official last day of work for the year. I have a couple straggler IEP meetings next week, but otherwise, it feels great. The past few weeks have involved a ton of work and I heartily welcome summer. :)


 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I cannot believe how much Cameron has grown since I've last seen you!! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Dad getting back in the saddle again! =)