Wednesday, July 7, 2021

mountains

In looking at our pictures over the last month, I've realized we have spent a lot of time in the mountains. But first, I'll start with our boy's graduation from 8th grade!

*Here Cam is at an awards' ceremony the day of his promotion ceremony. He'll be attending Yucaipa High School next year and has already started practicing with the cross country team. I can confidently say he has found his niche with running. :)


*Another hike with my sister. We've been able to do several over this past year.


*Whether it is watching at home, or in a theater, I almost always get ancy during movies and rarely want to finish them in one sitting. This changed, however, when I took the kids to see Cruella. I LOVED it!


*Every summer we head out to visit my friend, Jen and her family for the afternoon. We always have such a great time and so far, the kids seem to pick up right where they left off. :)


*Hiking Mt. Baldy has, by far, been our biggest hike of the summer. This was Kendall's first time and she was a champ! What a feeling to be so, "on top of the world" once reaching the summit!





*Chris' friend let us use his timeshare property this past week up in Big Bear. We had such a fun time together. My parents joined us for a night and were able to see a great 4th of July fireworks show.



We took the kids kayaking one morning. I rented a paddleboard. I have only been paddleboarding a small handful of times in my life and I honestly can't think of many activities I love more!


One of the highlights for me was my early morning walk around the beautiful homes that surrounded the resort, followed by coffee and reading on our patio.


*The kids (Kendall especially) took a renewed liking to Solitaire!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such fun hiking memories with you all!! So glad you got to go on that July 4 trip - looks so fun. My friend got an inflatable paddleboard of all things! Can't even picture that.