Monday, February 13, 2012

escaping the weather

Another reason we are Palm Springs fans? When the weather is yucky here, it's almost always great there. We headed out for a hike to celebrate my dad's birthday today. It was beautiful and we regretted even wearing long sleeves. Mid-way through we stopped for a picnic lunch and special birthday cookies for my dad.

Chris played photographer so wasn't in any of the pictures :)




Want to know one of the best parts of the hike? The fact that my mom made all of our lunches!! It was SOO nice not to have to prepare anything. Sometimes I feel like my life consists of prepping snacks/meals/clothes for our next outing. :) Thanks mom!!

2 comments:

susan said...

Goodness, Kendall looks so old in that second picture! Glad you had fun! Sure wish we could have been with you. And not just because of the weather! =)

Anonymous said...

We wish you could've too, Susan!!!!

Yes, leaving our cold, rainy cities (I even took my snow parka, not knowing if I'd need it) and driving less than an hour to hike in sun and short sleeves was so fun! Such a mood-lifter!
Mom