Monday, March 5, 2012

first hike of my "hiking club"

I put hiking club in parentheses because it isn't exactly official, but I sure want it to head that way after the fun we had today. We met up with three other moms and had a WONDERFUL time. Normally this hike takes us about an hour and 15 minutes. We were gone for 3 hours! The kids stopped along the way to water the trees (they have buckets along the trail for this exact purpose) and played a ton at our lunch stopping point. Cameron did so great in playing with the other boys and Kendall was content to walk, holding my hand most of the way.

I hope to plan more in the future, but it will be hard once Cam goes back to school, which is smack in the middle of the day :( If anyone reading this lives near me and wants to join us sometime, please email me and I'll be sure and include you on my next email invite!

Bummer I took this with my camera and my own son was cut out (on the far right)!!!! :)


7 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad it went well! We'll join you next time :-) There are two more trail heads for the Crafton Hills trails. We'll have to try them.

Teresa DiMillo said...

Can I join this hiking club? Looks like fun, but it may be difficult with a 2 year old and 5 month old.... I can join in on the easier hikes ;-)

Kelly said...

Of course, Teresa!! I'm in the process of researching more easy hikes since so many have little, little ones :)

Anonymous said...

What a super, super idea!! Kudos to you, Kelly,for instigating the hike. And kudos to Katie and Jodie especially for hiking with an extra person hanging from their shoulders! Whew!

Aren't we fortunate to live in such a great area for hiking?

Anonymous said...

Oops--that was from me. :o)
Mom

Jessy said...

Kelly, I had so much fun. And thanks for the photos!!!

kdebruyn said...

So neat! I loved our little 'hike' and it is such a great way for kids to get out and explore!
Jess