Tuesday, June 28, 2011

a few cute kid things said

Cam:
*As we were walking out of the library today, I was explaining to Cam that I couldn't find his rabbit books, but that we would look again next time. He was getting rather grumpy about it and I told him he needed to stop. After some silence he said, "Mom, I'm sorry for my bad attitude." He has been doing this a lot lately and it just melts my heart that he takes the initiative in saying it and really does change his attitude immediately following it. The kicker was when he then said, "Can you hug me?". Wow. for a kid who has never been big on affection, I about fainted. So cute.

*I've been helping at our church's kids' camp this week. I take Cam and Kendall to the preschool class while I'm away. It's difficult because I have to drop them off at the same time in the same room. Kendall cries when I leave, making Cam upset. He has told me several times he would rather her not go at all. :) On the drive today he asked her, "Kendall, are you going to fuss a long time or a short time when we get there?" This evening, after he helped me put her down, he looked in her crib and said, "Kendall, if you fuss when we leave, I will NOT come in and see you in the morning!" :)

Kendall:
*One of the first things she said this morning when I went to get her up was, "The clock says 40 minutes". I died laughing. Only the sibling of a numbers/time obsessed brother would even know a sentence like that!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am REALLY laughing out loud! These sayings are tooooo cute!

Plus I'm blown away at the "Can you hug me?" question too. Even though he doesn't hug naturally himself, he obviously sure likes the special feeling being hugged gives him.
-Mom