Wednesday, August 29, 2018

12

*Tomorrow we will officially have a preteen in the house. We celebrated Cam's 12th tonight and let him choose the evening's activities. He first wanted a family walk at Diamond Valley Lake in Hemet. I had never been and it's beautiful. I think next time my dad will join us and bikes will be involved.






Afterward, Cam chose his favorite food (hamburgers) at his favorite restaurant, Red Robin.  Then he chose Sonic as his dessert location. So far (between my parents and us), Legos have again been the theme of his birthday. We'll celebrate this weekend up north with Chris' parents.

*A few nights ago I tried veggie burgers on the kids. I called them "healthy burgers", so as not to turn them off right away. They were very sweet and ate most of them, however these comments were also made:
Cam: "Um, they look like our piggy food all mashed together."
Kendall: "How can they be burgers if they aren't made of meat?" (I blame Chris for that logic!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this was a GREAT choice for what to do for his birthday!!! All 3 things! And that is one special 12-year-old!!!
Mom

Jessica said...

12! So crazy! I've not been to Diamond Valley lake either. Looks fun!