Sunday, March 10, 2019

new bike

*A couple of weekends ago Chris took the kids up north to celebrate his grandmother's birthday. I stayed back because I couldn't get away early from work. A solo weekend, I must admit, was pretty nice. I caught up on The Bachelor (mainly because an acquaintance from college was on one of the episodes), cleaned, relaxed, worked...and took a leisurely trip to Costco. :)

*For the past several months, Cameron has been saving for a brand new bike. We told him if he saved $600, we (and the wonderful grandparents) would help with the remainder. The bulk of his money came from collecting cans. That can be a dirty/sticky job and we are so proud of how diligent he was in persisting until he met his goal.

Yesterday was the big day and my parents met us at the bike shop for the event. :) I simply cannot tell you how excited Cam has been. He was out on that bike most of the afternoon and right now he is on his second ride of the day (this morning's being in 40 degree weather!).

Handing over his hard earned cash!





*Saturday marked 17 years of marriage. 17 seems so long, yet time has gone so fast. I sure couldn't have asked for a better best friend and a more funny, unselfish husband. :) We celebrated with a family outing to see Captain Marvel and lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.



*I have heard a lot about cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe's. I was curious so I stopped by and also bought a bag of regular gnocchi for Chris and the kids. Verdict? Kids and Chris LOVED the regular kind. I equally LOVED the cauliflower kind. Sooooo good!!!

 The regular kind comes in its own sauce.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big time kudos to any 12-year-old who will save and earn $600 toward a goal! So proud of Cam! Quite a momentous purchase too.
Mom

Jessica said...

We love the regular gnocchi that comes in the creamy sauce as well .. I think it's called gorgonzola gnocchi .. But I can't remember

That's awesome about the bike! How exciting!! He's probably enjoying it even more with having worked so hard for it.