Sunday, August 30, 2020

14 years old!

*This past week we celebrated both my mom and Cameron's birthdays at a park. Cameron came away with some new books and his first pair of hiking poles. He is excited to use them for our hike to Mt. Baldy we have planned in a few weeks. 

*Lately I've been completely by myself in the office. I love being able to play music (without needing headphones). My go-to Pandora station is, "Film Scores Radio". Mainly it's composed of Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, and Lord of the Rings. All have amazing music.


*Speaking of Harry Potter...we just finished the first book and movie! Just as good as it was the first time!

*The past few weeks I've realized that by doing a little more work in the evenings in prepping the kids' breakfast and lunches (and even pre-filling my k-cup for the Keurig), I have time for a good 30-40 minute walk before work. These are some of my favorite times of the day.

*Today we officially celebrated our boy turning 14. He started out the morning watching a video compilation I made composed of some birthday messages from some friends/family.  Later, we had the quads over for lunch and video games (which, Chris joked, isn't really that different from every other day!). 



*While they were all playing, I prepped my lunches for the week. When I'm disciplined enough to do this, it makes all the difference in the world. I can then come home and just enjoy eating with Chris and the kids, rather than spend half my lunch time making my food. Lately I've been making the most delicious salads with spinach, cabbage, chicken, cottage cheese, tomatoes, and pickles.



*Cameron is a peanut butter super fan. It makes sense that he is also a Reese's Pieces super fan. Kendall helped me decorate his cake. :)




2 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Oh, I am so impressed with your salad assembly line! I must do something like that!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel like I need to take my lunches up a notch! =) HAPPY BDAY to Cameron!! =)