Sunday, May 21, 2017

syrup

*Full disclosure: the number of homemade/healthy snacks coming out of my kitchen has decreased since I began working full time. There are a few things, however, I have continued to make time for. One of them is homemade pancake syrup. It is just too easy, tastes better, and is so much cheaper.  

Homemade Maple Syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup water
Bring to a boil and reduce heat for 8-10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add 1 tsp. maple flavoring.



*On Saturday we took a bike ride to an ice cream shop :)




*This was such a sweet sight to come downstairs to this morning. The kids had woken earlier (surprise, surprise!). I came down to the two of them just chit-chatting away. I wish I had known before they saw me because I would have sat on the stairs and listened. :)



*It had been a while since we made our desert trip. Barnes and Noble and Costco today!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, darn! For sure, you missed out on some great chit-chat!

And those "homemade" ice cream bars you told us about look delicious! We'll have to go there for dessert sometime when we're out there.

Mom

Jessica said...

Oh thanks for the recipe! I need to try doing this for my kids