Monday, June 18, 2018

summer

I have SO been enjoying our summer so far and it's mainly because, other than our mini trip to Huntinginton, we have had blank slate days we've filled with little stuff. I can't tell you how nice it is to wake up and not be rushed or have to be anywhere. Here are a few things we've done.

 *We (my dad, Cam, and I) attempted a hike one day, which didn't turn out quite as expected. When we had done this particular one before, a recent fire had made the mountain very easy to navigate. Now that the brush has grown back, it literally became impossible to see the trail and just plain annoying to trek through the weeds. So we called it quits early and finished the morning off with a bike ride instead.


*Costco trip.


*Swimming at the community pool.


*A while ago we googled, "guinea pig shelter" and found the closest one to be near L.A. The kids had been dying to go. We went this past Saturday. You are able to bring your own piggies and get a free wellness check. I'm happy to report our pigs are in good health. Hehe. The only downside to the trip was that it was FAR. Very far. I think we decided that it was a fun one time thing, but maybe it should stay a one time thing. ;)

 Oreo, waiting his turn for his check up.


You can see (middle of pic) that the kids were DONE with traffic. ;)



*We planned to meet some friends at a park. We happened to stumble upon a "free lunch" program where the city passes out lunches to kids at the park. Score!



*Yesterday we celebrated Father's Day with my parents here at our house. I made a copy cat of Chris' favorite restaurant dessert.  I got several "10's" so I think it was a hit!

 Applebees Butter Pecan Blondie




 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the community pool that you went to?
Mom

Jessica said...

That dessert looks yummy!!

Sorry you still had traffic on a Saturday 😣 Glad your piggies are in good health 😁

Summertime is so wonderful!! We are enjoying it as well!