Sunday, September 23, 2018

chocolate cake shake

*On Friday night, Kendall and I went out to dinner, just the two of us. I let her pick the place, which ended up being Portillo's. She loved the chocolate cake shake for dessert (chocolate shake with a smashed up piece of cake inside). :)



*Saturday morning was a big bike ride with Cam and my dad. It was the perfect weather and we had a great time.





*Later that night we had family movie night. Our recent series has been the Jurassic Park movies. We watched the latest/last one. Kendall was responsible for the dessert. :)


*Right now we are in the phase where the kids attend different church services...which means Chris and I attend different church services. While this isn't at all our ideal Sunday morning, it does allow Cam and I a long morning to kill, which makes for some good bike rides (walks for me).



*We are about to head out to the 99 cent store to get some Halloween decorations. Over the last few years I've adopted the idea of buying cheap decorations. That way, it's fun for the kids to pick out new ones each year and I don't have to find a place to store them since I can just throw them away!

*This morning, on the way to church, I decided to treat myself to a Cold Brew frosted coffee from McDonald's, only to find out they don't carry them anymore!!!! Ugh.

*Chris and I are on the last episode of Jack Ryan. It has been such an edge-of-your seat series! The kids and I watch, Kids Baking Championship on the Food Network. I like it just as much as they do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those pictures of the bike ride! And I'll take the back right-hand cookie--it's got the most chocolate chips (and not those faux chocolate chips that are white!).
Mom

Jessica said...

You are the best mama .. Love all the quality time you guys spend together