Tuesday, December 18, 2018

the desert

 *On Saturday the kids and I took a trip to a favorite Christmas destination, Robolights in Palm Springs. I would describe it as a Christmas light display made of strategically placed and painted junk. You either love it or you think it's the weirdest, most disturbing thing ever. Chris does NOT love it...hence it was just the three of us. Ha!



*On Sunday we dropped the kids off at Chris' brother's house so we could attend my oldest and best friend's 40th birthday party. Jen rented out a roller skating rink for all of her friends. I had roller skated a few times in recent years with the kids, but Chris had not been in a very long time. He did great! The theme was 70's, and while Chris said we were more 60's...hey...at least we tried!


Jen, three of her sisters, and myself


Chris and I had a Vegas trip on the calendar for a few months. As the day approached, we realized we just weren't feeling it. I have had a busy couple weeks of work and we both decided the desert (and much shorter drive) was much more appealing. So we booked a room and off we went.

When we first arrived, we sat outside our room and watched the few golfers who happened to pass by.


We loved the fact that our movie and dinner were within walking distance from our hotel.We saw, They Shall Not Grow Old, which was excellent.


After the movie, we walked right next door to The Cheesecake Factory. We took a piece to go...then headed back at the super late hour of 7:30pm!! ;)


This morning I got a lot of Christmas shopping done, which was awesome. We are now back home but the kids will stay one more night with my parents. We are now trying to decide where to go for dinner. I have to work tomorrow and Thursday, then I'm finally off for a good long while. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your Robolights tastes must indicate that Debbie raised Chris with more discriminating taste (i.e. class) than I raised you. :o)
Mom