Wednesday, July 17, 2019

last lazy week of summer

*This is our last "no-plans" week of summer and I'm SOO sad. We have a vacation planned next week with Chris' family which we are looking forward to, however I have adored the past few weeks of blank slate days with the kids. They are such fun companions. :)

*New episodes of The Good Witch recently came to Netflix and Kendall and I have been loving watching them together. They are basically Hallmark movies stretched out into a series. I love how clean they are...like, unusually clean and appropriate, which is so rare nowadays. Plus, I always like any show that is set in a cute, small town.


*We went to the beach last week with my mom. We sat and chatted while the kids played. The beach isn't my favorite of outings, but I always make sure we go at least once since the kids love it so much.



*The kids indulged me in a Costco trip this week. I found a shirt for $4.97, which made the trip that much better!

Our typical routine consists of the kids accompanying me for the first half of the shopping, thereby obtaining all the samples. Then, I'll get to browse a little more while they head to the book section, where I'll pick them up before checkout. 


*Yesterday we went to Therman Flats with some friends. I always take for granted having places in the mountains like this that are so close to home.


*Somehow it aligned to where both kids had sleepovers last night. Chris and I got to go out and chose a new restaurant in Yucaipa (Toscano's). It was really good and I'm proud of us for branching out. We always tend to go to our same places. ;)

 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Describing Cameron and Kendall as "such fun companions" is so true!!! (And I love a day at the beach with you.) :)

Jessica said...

Good job branching out! 😊

Summer flew by huh? I loved it as well and am sad it's coming to an end.