Wednesday, July 3, 2019

more summer stuff

*Toward the end of the school year the kids made a bucket list with a few things for the summer. One of those things included visiting the McDonald's museum in San Bernardino. It was a cute little place, mainly consisting of happy meal toys from throughout the years. It wasn't super fascinating, but a fun outing none the less.



*Whenever we head home from Reno, we always stop for a night at Chris' parents. On this most recent visit, his mom made what is now among my top three favorite chocolate cakes ever. I brought home some to my parents, who also gave it a 10!



*This summer I wanted another book to read to the kids. We finished the Harry Potter series a long time ago and I missed our reading times. We are almost done with the first book in the Hunger Game series. I had read it before and thought they would like it. They LOVE it and often want me to keep reading!


*A couple nights ago we treated the kids to a night out in the desert for a quick mini vacation. It was a short, but super fun time.


After Chris introduced the kids to Krispy Kreme a few weeks back, they were dead set on having it for breakfast (since the desert is the closest location to us). Here we are on our balcony.



*The kids and I just finished watching A Case For Christ. It was excellent. I paused it throughout, explaining a few things as we went along. It did a great job of clearly identifying the main character's skepticism about Christianity, and then how it was resolved.


*Last week we went to Piology for dinner. When we were done eating, we booted the kids outside so Chris and I could get some nice, non-kid-interrupted time to talk. They didn't seem to mind. :)


*I took Cam to get a professional bike fitting. He also is now clipping into his pedals and loves the increase in speed as a result. We have a big ride this weekend, so I'm making him practice a lot as clipping into pedals can be quite tricky to get the hang of.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This entry was choke FULL of news! What a great idea to watch "The Case for Christ" together and talk about it throughout! Um, what a nice patio came with your room in the desert.

Mom

Jessica said...

I didn't realize they had made Case for Christ into a movie! Cool.

Cameron is quite the pro rider! I don't even know what clipping would feel like.