Friday, March 27, 2020

what we've been filling our time with...

So life hasn't been too exciting around here, but I wanted to at least document a little of what we've done because I think it will be interesting to read back on years from now...

*I'm doing much better in not checking news all the time. Checking news just equals increased worry.

*I'm onto my second John Grisham book. I used to love reading these. I won't admit how few books I've read in the last few years, so it's been great to get back into it.

*We've been having LOTS of family movie nights and it's been fun to re-watch movies Chris and I probably wouldn't have normally re-watched if we didn't have kids. So far we've showed them:
-Ocean's 11
-Ocean's 13
-U-571
-Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
-Frozen II (umm...we didn't finish this. Chris and I thought the plot was weird. Ha!)

*Getting donuts one morning meant WALKING to get donuts. Finding ways to kill time seems to be the aim :)

(this was before they prohibited even eating outside the restaurants)


*The kids are officially on spring break right now. I think both are looking forward to "school" resuming. They enjoyed seeing their teacher, interacting with their classmates during lessons, etc. Here they are watching an illusionist Kendall's teacher had perform for the kids one day. Such a fun treat.


*I cannot take credit for this idea, but it was a hit! I saw it on a blog I follow. You just divide up the items your kids would normally have for lunch and separate them among the muffin tins. It's a little more time consuming, but what else do I have to do?? :)


*Chris and I discussed this for a while, but we, along with the quads' mom, decided to allow them to continue to play/swap houses. Both families are pretty much quarantined and at this point, we really view them as extended family. It has been a life saver for boredom. Here they are celebrating the quads' birthday last week.


*Our church wanted people to post pics of their families watching the livestream. Here is what Chris posted.


*I know some trails in LA have closed due to the huge influx of people, but luckily the Palm Springs trails are still up and running and soooo beautiful!! I noticed somewhat of an unspoken rule with people facing out (away from the mountain) when someone passes. I guess it's the hiking version of social distancing but it's neat to see people respecting the guideline.





*About a month ago Chris dove back into the world of Crossfit. The timing wasn't ideal to have it shut down so soon after he began, but his coach has been sending workouts to everyone. The kids joined us one time and Chris and I have actually really enjoyed working out together on our back patio. 



 *And that's about it!! On today's agenda, we'll be walking the golf course. Since it's deserted, we thought it would be fun to walk all 18 holes.  After that we'll be supporting our local businesses and going through the Sonic drive-thru (all month kids meals are only $1.99!).

2 comments:

Donna Stark said...

What a great job you're doing of making this an enjoyable time for the kids while still staying safely separated! Kudos to you!!
Mom

Unknown said...

That's a fun lunch idea! And U-571 is a good movie idea - was it intense for Kendall? Do you have it on DVD? -Susan