Saturday, June 6, 2020

feeling normal

*Kendall's official birthday celebration came in the form of a slumber with our quarantine "family", the quads. The boys came over for  pizza  and the girls remained and stayed the night in a fort downstairs.


*So far, we've been pretty strict with the quarantine and not getting together with others. The last few weeks we've loosened a little. This included a get together with Chris' brother and his family. The kids had a blast.

*After a lot of thought, we also decided to head up for a visit with Chris' parents. It was SOO nice and great to feel normal again. We all had a super relaxing and fun weekend. 


*Debbie had bought Kendall a Diamond Dot kit, which occupied her for hours. She loved it!


*In addition to Hallmark movies (I think Kendall and I watched five!), golf for Chris, and outside time for the kids, we also ate extremely well, as always. Here are the kids making homemade lemonade.


*A couple of days ago, we got together with some friends at a park. As Kendall was roller skating by a leashed dog, he lunged forward and bit her hard in the back of her thigh. Luckily my friend, Jessica, had her first aid kit already out and she helped me clean Kendall up. Poor thing was in a lot of pain and just in shock at what had happened (as we all were!). She is doing much better, thanks to two visits to the doctor (three stiches at one and a tetnus shot at the other). I'm so thankful Jessica was there to guide me in getting the woman's information. I don't think in the chaos of the moment I would have remembered. 



*My work has picked up tenfold so I'm going to sign off simply because I need a break from staring at a screen. Plus Cam and I are off to a training session with his running coach. His school cross country coach has a side company which provides individual coaching for runners. So far Cam has LOVED the daily workouts and reporting in on his progress. :)





2 comments:

Jessica said...

Poor Kendall... Your first time getting together with people and it ended with the dog bite 😥 I'm glad she's doing better. Hopefully it's a quick recovery!

Unknown said...

Does Jessica always go out with a first aid kit?? I'm impressed! That's one prepared lady. Hearing Cameron talk makes me feel like a slug, so I'm going to get off here now and go do my Pilates - HA!