Sunday, June 14, 2020

going to a real restaurant

*We had a cousin sleepover this past week. It included lots of video games, movie watching, making movies, and enjoying hanging out together.


*Chris took Kendall to get her stitches out on Friday. She was quite brave. ;)


*We went out to dinner last night!! We had to make reservations and there were obviously some tweaks to the experience (using your phone for the menu, masks worn except when seated at your table, etc.), but it was such a fun night and made us feel quite normal.


*My reading has sadly really slowed down since I started working again. I have been able to squeeze in, Full Circle. I'm not really an avid Full House fan, but for some reason I read a few things about the book and thought it sounded interesting. She talks a lot about her battle with depression/anxiety, which I find very interesting. She writes in a way that helps you truly understand what people go through when battling the illness. She also talks about how therapeutic running has been in her healing. While I don't run, I have been doing a ton of walking during this quarantine and feel like I can relate to magic that is being outside, walking or running.


*Another book/study I just finished was one of my old Beth Moore studies. I went through this years ago but it was just as good a second time. I've done a few of her studies and have loved each one. Some of my favorite times during the quarantine have been in the morning, when I'm the only one up and I sit on the back patio reading.

*Before dinner last night, we stopped at Costco. On our list:
-Greek Yogurt
-Kirkland Protein Bars-all four of us are ADDICTED to these.
-Swimsuit for Kendall
-Almond Butter-Cameron goes through more nut butter than anyone I know
-Butter
-Sandwich bread/Hawaiian rolls
-Work out shirts for Cameron
-Bananas
-Watermelon-they are so cheap and good here

*Today's agenda includes church, a Walmart grocery pick-up, and a bike ride with my dad and Cameron. I then have one more week of work and I'm officially done till August. And MOST exciting for the week is the arrival of my sister's family on Friday! While they have to quarantine for two weeks once here, we are all still super happy to have them for an entire year. :)



2 comments:

Donna Stark said...

Ah, Kendall is so brave!! Proud of her! So that's where you bought that delicious sweet watermelon. That was amazingly sweet! Yes, Jesus IS the one and only!!! What's something you learned or relearned or were blessed by in it?

Unknown said...

You almost have me sold on trying a Wal-mart pickup. I've heard of "Jesus the One and Only" - glad you love it! - Susan