Saturday, November 25, 2017

thanksgiving break

*For Thanksgiving, Chris's parents came to stay with us for a few days. For our actual meal, we headed out to Chris's brother's house, along with my parents and my SIL's parents. While I love hot weather, I must admit I would have preferred it a little cooler on Thanksgiving. :)



*The next morning, we went up to Oak Glen since Chris's parents love it up there. We first had breakfast at Apple Annie's. The kids were over the moon about the huge cinnamon rolls. Sadly they both were pretty overwcooked (to the point that Cam's had to be sent back), but the whole experience was still fun. :)


Next we went to Los Rios Ranch. They were having an Apple Butter Festival. Here is Kendall attempting to throw a tomahawk.




Later that afternoon, we went to see Wonder. It was awesome. It contained great life lessons and it made us sad that more movies aren't made like it... :(

This morning was Christmas decorating!!! I even got the outside done! I was quite excited about the fact that our palm trees didn't draw blood this year. They have the sharpest needles sticking out all over and I HATE wrapping them with lights!!


Tomorrow is our last day before real life begins again. Boo!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great Thanksgiving vacation you've had! We enjoyed going to Craig & Rebekah's with all of you so much. What a great idea to go up to Oak Glen!
Mom

Jessica said...

Glad you enjoyed the movie! Looks like you had a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

I'd love to hear what your kids thought about "Wonder." Ours all refuse to see it saying it will be too sad. Sister Su