Monday, July 30, 2018

return to me

*We took another trip to Thurman Flats last week with some friends. I need to remind myself not to take for granted the fact that we live so close to the mountains and beautiful places like this.



*Every summer we take a trip to IKEA. It's a bit of a drive, but it's something to do and the kids always look forward to the cinnamon rolls for lunch. :)

  


Like I mentioned, they have enjoyed those cinnamon rolls over the years... :)

  



*We've been letting Cam venture out a little further on his bike rides. He takes his walkie-talkie and has to check in every 10 minutes. He enjoys the increased independence ;)


*Our most recent, "family movie series" has been the Jurassic Park movies. Saturday was our last one before we have to wait for the next one to hit Redbox. :)


*I start work on Wednesday. The kids left yesterday for my in-laws, where they will stay for a week. This always helps us out during the time between when I start and they start school. Right now I'm relaxing while watching Return to Me. Not to sound old, but why can't they make movies like this (meaning clean) anymore??

p.s. Just want to say a big THANKS to Debbie and Wayne for taking the kids this week, especially considering my kids wake rather early...as in 4:45 this morning!!!. This is due to the excitement of being there...or maybe the fantastic breakfasts (and all other meals!) Debbie makes. :)


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for joining us in Therman Flats! It really is beautiful and so close!

Hope your week back to work goes well! So nice you can adjust without the guilt of leaving the kids :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, my favorite movie! So do the kids enjoy walking through IKEA as well as eating there?
Mom