Sunday, November 18, 2018

a night with friends

*Last night we had two families over for dinner. Jen (whom I've been friends with since 7th grade) and Emily (whom Jen and I met in college) and their families drove over an hour to meet up and we had such a fun night. We had eight kids total and it was one, loud house! :)

Here is Kendall helping me prepare our dessert. I've found that trifles are pretty and feed a ton of people! We had so much left over that I was able to bring dessert to my parents today since we were celebrating an early Thanksgiving.





*Last week we took a day off from real life and headed to the happiest place on earth. I had enrolled the kids in a homeschool/charter this past summer and we were able to use the funds we received for Disneyland tickets. Despite it being a tad (okay..maybe more than a tad) crowded, we had a wonderful time. My parents were able to join us and it reminded us of old times, when we had passes and went all the time. Ahh...the good ol' days. :)



*This afternoon I really didn't feel like going for a walk due to some chilly and windy weather. I told myself I would change into my walking clothes and then just see how I felt. It's amazing how simply getting dressed for exercise actually gives you that little extra motivation to head out the door. I'm so happy I did as it ended up being such a beautiful walk/podcast/meet up with Cam on his bike time. ;)


*I have to work tomorrow and part of Tuesday, but they will be nice and easy days, so I don't mind too much. We are then headed up north for Thanksgiving!!





1 comment:

Jessica said...

I was wondering if you had done your Disney day! Was it all worth it?? My kids said they want to do that next summer so you'll have to show me.