Sunday, January 27, 2019

home alone

*Last weekend we had one of my nieces over to spend the night. The kids had a blast! At one point, I dumped all of Cameron's Legos out and they went to town. :)



*I've started leaving the kids alone for short spurts of time while I go to the store, run an errand, etc. Friday was the first time we left them alone at night. We were five minutes down the road. My dad recently gave us an old phone they could use. They were beyond excited. Perfect combination. BUT, of all the nights, this was the night a solicitor happened to come knocking. They called us...a bit worried. We told them it was okay and texted them a few minutes later to get the "all clear"!


*I've been able to take some nice long walks this weekend...making it easy to binge on my new favorite podcast. It's an in depth look at the family (with six kids) who went off a cliff in California in 2017....only to discover it was intentional. So interesting but so sad.



*Desert day was yesterday. Here we are at Barnes and Noble, before lunch and Costco.


That's all for now!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, I hadn't heard about that family .. How sad !! We haven't left our kids home yet in the evening .. But I do look forward to that! It's so freeing knowing I can run to the store if I need to without dragging everyone along .