Saturday, June 1, 2019

desert day

*On Friday I was able to get away from work for an hour to see Kendall in her CA history play. She was a, "woman from the 1900's". :)


*This morning I decided to take a picture of what happens almost every weekend. One of the kids' chores is to clean the piggy cage. Lately, this means Cameron offers to clean it...for a price. Today? Kendall paid Cam $1 but in order for her to even agree to the deal, she made HIM promise to give her four piggy back rides. Here is Cam begging her to make the deal. Sidenote: Kendall recently got a fitness tracker and was eager to use the "cycling" option on it. :)



*It had been far too long since we had taken our "desert day" (consisting of Costco and the mall or other store). Costco has been my happy place for so long that I was NOT a fan of how long it had been since browsing the aisles. My sister sent this to my dad (who sometimes goes multiple times per week) and I loved it!

Our list was quite long...
Kids vitamins
Honey Nut Cheerios
Maple syrup
Fruit cups
Sour cream
Greek yogurt
Whipped cream
Spinach
Eggs
Milk
Pineapple/Bacon chicken sausage
Feta cheese
Shorts for Chris
Underwear for Kendall
Wipes
Bananas
Romaine lettuce
Cheeze-its
Salmon burgers
Tea
Flavored sparkling water


*Following Costco, after sharing with the kids the history of Krispy Kreme and our college days (when it was all the rage), Chris surprised them with a trip since it was right across the street. Unfortunately they weren't hot (which I think is the only time they are truly better than other donuts), but the kids loved them nonetheless. 




*A few weeks ago someone hacked into my Starbucks account and took $62 from my balance. Luckily Starbucks was very accommodating and sent me a new card with the amount added back. Yikes!

*For the past year, I had really been doing well regarding my lack of soda consumption. However when the weather turns warm, it's hard to resist. I'm trying my best to enjoy flavored sparkling water. It's sooo not the same. :(

We'll see how today's purchase fair for my tastebuds.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How does that happen that someone can take $62 from your Starbucks account???
Mom