Sunday, July 12, 2020

grandparent vacation

While we didn't have any major trips planned this summer, we did have a couple little adventures we had wanted to do which are no longer possible because of Covid. Luckily we still were able to spend a few days with my in-laws, which is always like a mini-vacation. This time one of my nieces joined us, which kicked the "fun factor" up a notch for Cam and Kendall. :)


Right behind their house is a foothill called, Smith Mountain. We have always thought it would be neat to climb to the top. With a recent path cleared, Cameron and I decided to tackle it. We rode our bikes to the bottom, then hiked to the top. What beautiful views!



*Since I finished all the John Grisham books several weeks ago, I've been trying to find another series. I've probably started and stopped a dozen books. I typically read a few pages and it's either cheesy or just doesn't grab me. I finally found an author/book that I like (though not as much as Grisham). He's written a gazillion books, so hopefully I can stick with him. :)


*We started watching Hamilton last night on Disney+. Chris and Kendall like it. I kind of like it. Cameron does not like it. :) I will say that I have NO IDEA how anyone goes to the live production and follows the plot by simply listening to the songs (which are incredibly fast paced). I would have absolutely no clue what was going on were it not for turning on the subtitles.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I read a bunch of Baldacci back in the day, I'd think you'd like him.

I haven't even watched Hamilton, lol... I'm probably the only person who Hasn't.

Donna Stark said...

The subject of Hamilton on Disney Plus came up this morning on my friend zoom and they said the same thing...they saw it in person and couldn't understand the song words at all so are enjoying the captions on Disney.
Mom