Saturday, July 18, 2020

watching and reading

*I have a short list of blogs I have consistently read for the past 6-7 years. I have no clue how I stumbled across them as I don't personally know any of them. :)

Hungry Runner Girl (my favorite)
Sweet Tooth Sweet Life
Carrots n' Cake
Mix n' Match Mama

*I have never been one to HAVE to finish a book or movie once I start. I actually got to page 370 out of 407 in my most recent book... and quit. I could tell where the ending was headed and it was too unrealistic for me. I was annoyed at having invested that much time :(


*The only time I tend to watch Youtube is whenever I ride our recumbent bike. My go-to channel is Jordan Page: FunCheapOrFree. She includes topics such as meal planning, budgeting, organization, or just life with her EIGHT kids (ha!).




*Chris and I are rewatching Parks and Recreation. This will be our third go around and it's just as funny as it was the first time. :) We often struggle in finding shows. Far too often we give up within 20 minutes because many of them are just so dirty. Ugh. We are semi-into Walking Dead, but we'll see...

*I'm a HUGE fan of podcasts. I recently added a couple to my favorites list:
-Guru: The Dark Side of Enlightenment: This is a documentary style telling of the story of James Arthur Ray. He was (and is) a self-help speaker whose methods were controversial and who was sued due to the death of three individuals at one of his conferences (during a sweat lodge). SO interesting!
-Fitness Simplified with Kim Schlag- I love that her audience consists of women over 40. I can relate a lot more to her fitness/diet advice vs. a 20-something expert.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ohh, I can put a book down if I'm not into it but not when I'm that close to the end, lol.