Monday, July 6, 2020

the 4th

*We have thoroughly been enjoying having my sister and her family here. We took them on a hike last weekend. I wish their first one would have been a little cooler as they aren't quite used to the heat here, but it was still enjoyable to be together.




*Kendall has been greeted each morning by the bright sun streaming through her window. Foil has been our solution for a long time. We finally bought her some black out curtains and she has been enjoying the dark mornings. :)


*We hosted 4th of July at our house this year. I'm sure I'm not alone in commenting on how many fireworks we heard in our neighborhood. They were pretty nonstop and we were surprised at how many huge displays people were setting off from their own backyards!


*While I don't subscribe to some of Rachel Hollis' worldviews, I have really enjoyed the podcasts she has done with her husband. They're views on marital relationships were always very relatable and their advice was super practical. So while I know things aren't often as they seem when it comes to celebrities, I must admit that I was shocked and really saddened more than I would have thought when I heard they were getting divorced.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the 4th!!!! You kicked our booties on that hike, oh my word! We haven't been totally scared off yet - we will get back out there. =) I've never heard of Rachel Hollis...? Susan =)

Jessica said...

I was so surprised at the Hollis divorce as well! They had seemed like such a great couple.