Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Shepherd's Pie

Last night I did a very un-Kelly like thing. As many of you know, I'm a pretty frugal, if not down right cheap person. One thing I hate is to waste food. Chris makes fun of me often because I freeze everything. I'll freeze deli meat, even if there is only enough left for one sandwich. I feel accomplished if every last bite of casserole was eaten.

Anyway, last night I made Shepherd's Pie. You Biola grads are probably wondering what possessed me to make this as the caf used to make this at the end of each week. The theory was that they just lumped all the leftovers from the previous week into the pan and called it Shepherd's Pie. I guess my reasoning was that the pic of it in my Rachel Ray magazine looked really good. But for some reason, I could just tell that it wasn't going to be good. I found myself dreading dinner time because I knew we wouldn't like it. So, going against my very nature, I threw out the whole thing and we got take out. I felt a twinge of guilt as I hit the disposal in the sink, but my chicken tacos made me forget all about it!


4 comments:

Grandma said...

I don't blame you. I've never been a fan of that dish either. Now, if you had a dog............

The question is.......do you end up eating the leftovers in the freezer?

Anonymous said...

Oh!! I like Shepherd's Pie! You should have saved it for me, you little toot.

Team Harry said...

Did u even try it??  That's so funny and very unlike you!!!

Anonymous said...

Golly--I thought all the ingredients in Shepherd's Pie were pretty tasty. How could it be so bad?