Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Grandma's gifts and fabulous meatloaf

Whenever we see Chris's mom, she always has a new and cute outfit for Cam. I would venture to say that a good chunk of Cam's closet is from her! This past weekend when Chris saw her at his cousin's wedding, it was no exception. Here is his latest outfit, which he was very excited to wear (well, I guess he really didn't understand, but he sure looks excited doesn't he??)




We have a running joke with my mom and sister and I about recipes I pass along to them. I have been known to find a good recipe and, before I give to them, rename it. The first time I did this I renamed a banana bread recipe to, "Kelly's Amazing Fabulous Banana Bread". So in the same spirit I'd like to share with you a meatloaf recipe. Meatloaf you say? Yes, it is absolutely scrumptious and Chris even gave it a "9"!! Enjoy!

Kelly's Taco Meatloaf Sensation
1 lb. ground turkey or beef)
1/2 cup salsa
3 tbls. taco seasoning (divided)
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine all ingredients except 1 tbls. taco seasoning. Press into a loaf pan and sprinkle remaining 1 tbls. taco seasoning on top. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. Top with sour cream.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute outfit - little boy clothes are so cute. You (and I) are lucky to have an MIL with good taste! I have a friend who dresses her kid up in MIL's outfits long enough to take a picture for MIL, and then off the outfits come, never to be worn again.

You forgot to mention that I was the one who found that banana bread recipe.

The meatloaf recipe sounds really good!!! I'm gonna try it. I think your food presentation is a little lacking though. You need to drape a colorful cloth napkin across the corner of the plate or a sprig of some fresh herb on the corner of the plate. =)

I will give you some presentation pointers from my kitchen expertise next time I see you. Bring a notebook.

Anonymous said...

Yep, he is a handsome cuss in that outfit--and a happy one. And yes, you forgot to mention that the "Kelly's Fabulous..." recipes are actually ones you've stolen from someone else. :o)

Grandma said...

I love shopping for my grandkids but totally accept the fact that the items I choose may not be suitable and I always try to attach the gift receipts (especially from Target - ugh!) and I love your recipes too.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

this recipe looks like one of my favorite ones from Weight Watchers, only your bake it on a double broiler and mold the shape with your hands. excess "stuff" drips off and you've got yourself a tasty and healthy meatloaf! : )