Wednesday, December 7, 2011

bombed again

So today I tried another recipe that bombed. This was the next bomb after my veggie burgers I posted a while back. Basically you hallow out zucchinis and stuff them with a combo of sausage, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini flesh, and tomatoes. While I really liked them, no one else did (although Chris said the insides tasted good...just not the "boats") and I found myself really frustrated. I wasn't frustrated with Chris and the kids, just the situation. It's hard to spend a lot of time (they were really labor intensive) on a meal and be the only one to like it. Moms really need to have a tough skin, don't they? :)



p.s. I'm not going to give up experimenting with meals, but I will say I'm not super motivated after watching my son spit out his first bite and say that his "mouth hurt" and could therefore not finish his meal. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm sorry, but I'm cracking up at how Cameron worded his dislike.

Mom

Anonymous said...

I think they sound wonderful! Too bad you and I can't just cook for each other - I think we'd be really happy eaters! =)

Anonymous said...

I hate it when this happens...the good news for you (and me, both!) is that these experiences aren't too frequent.

When I try something new for the first time without a stellar recommendation, I figure out first if I like the majority of the ingredients. Basically, I'm not going to try something out even if the pictures in the cookbook are pretty if it includes something questionable like curry. : )

Anonymous said...

I'd eat it! But I totally get your frustration. My kids sometimes turn their noses up to meals they've gobbled down just days earlier. Drives me crazy. I'm trying to practice really enjoying the delicious meal I've made-for myself-despite the (often) loud protest going on at the table. :)