Friday, December 2, 2011

thoughts on health

Sometimes I get frustrated with the new information that seems to constantly be presented to us about this food or that food being bad. Dairy is bad according to some. Meat is bad according to some. Non-organic fruits/veggies are bad...and the list goes on. We try to eat healthy. We try not to eat foods that are more chemicals than actual food. I don't buy white bread. I know some disagree, but I honestly feel in my gut that SOOO many of our diseases (even Autism) have been caused through numerous indirect links of the chemicals in our food, environment, etc. But sometimes I get overwhelmed with it all. For instance, while Cam rarely drinks Juice, Kendall drinks it every single day so I can dilute her laxative in something yummy. So when I watch this, I get frustrated that me buying 100% juice might not even be safe. Ugh...

Sometimes I really think living back in Little House on the Prairie days would be so nice. We would grow the food we eat. Period. :)

1 comment:

Jannae said...

It's all so overwhelming! I agree! So many things in this world to bring us down and discourage us. So much info to confuse us..like diary is bad..oh wait..diary is good! It's so hard!
You are doing so great! Remember our identity is first in Christ! If we are obedient to Him and feel at peace in the decisions we are making with our kids..just rest in that! Don't worry too much about what we read and what our friends are doing!
You seriously are such a great mom! I always am so encouraged that you are always striving to improve their diets and health! And trying to squeeze veggie's in and other healthy stuff when you can! Keep it up and don't be discouraged!