Sunday, December 4, 2011

*Last night we met some friends for dinner and then to see some Christmas lights down in Long Beach. It was a really fun evening and the kids loved seeing the lights, running, looking at the boats in the canal, running, and running. They were all over the place, but luckily it wasn't very crowded. The funny part was that despite enjoying the lights, all four kids might very well say their highlight was playing with the dogs of a guy we ran into at the end of our walk. I guess we could have just met at a dog park. :)



*I made my monthly batch of waffles this morning and I thought I would share the recipe. I make the waffles, package two per bag, then freeze (this recipe lasts me about a month with Cam having them almost every morning). I simply pop a couple out onto Cam's plate each morning (don't even heat them up). I put about a tablespoon of syrup in a bowl and he dips away.

Healthified Waffles :)

2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup oats
2 tbls. baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbls. flaxseed
2 eggs
3 1/4 cups milk
2/3 cup olive oil
1 can garbanzo beans (pureed with about 1/8 cup water)
1/4 cup honey

Mixed together and make your waffles!

Here's Cam's breakfast mid-way through :)



*Over the past month and a half, Chris has been having major computer problems. He has probably spent 50+ hours on trying to fix it, bringing it in to have someone else look at it, etc. I have never seen him so discouraged and frustrated. He FINALLY had a break through yesterday with a visit to the Mac store out in Palm Springs. With some great advice, he bought the parts needed and it now works. What a load off. For someone whose entire family's livelihood depends on a computer, this has been a huge stress and an equally huge load off to have it fixed! Woohoo!!

Here he is with his office torn apart amidst the fixing:

3 comments:

Jannae said...

Glad his computer is fixed! What a great Praise Report!

Jessica said...

You always do the best job making healthy recipes.

Yay for fun times with friends :) My kids are LOVING all the Christmas lights. I love that they love such simple pleasures :)

I'll bet Chris was frustrated with that computer stuff, wow. I was beside myself one week when I couldn't work due to our computer being broken. So glad he got it fixed!

Anonymous said...

I get so frustrated when my computer doesn't work like it should. I can't imagine my business being on the computer and that happening. Sooo glad it's fixed. Sounds like he just had to find the right person to talk to!

Hmmm, garbanzo bean waffles. Sounds like a true Kelly creation. :)