Wednesday, November 30, 2011

*My new food concoction has to do with yogurt. Both my kids love yogurt but it's full of sugar. I decided to puree some cottage cheese (because they wouldn't dig the cottage chunks) and mix it with the yogurt. That way they are getting the yogurt flavor, but with less sugar and equal protein. I did get a, "Is this the regular yogurt, mama??", but I think they'll get used to it. :)



*Sometimes I feel guilty at how much Kendall has to be toted around for the sake of Cameron. In addition to the trips back and forth to school, she also comes to speech 4x a week. I'm so fortunate that she is such an easy companion (and just so fun to be with ) and enjoys most anything we do, whether it's killing time at Fresh and Easy (I let her bring her own toy shopping cart from home), or playing outside Cam's class on the little playground.

Here she is at speech at the University of Redlands. They have a large toy room that I grab several things from. She then plays on the floor while I watch Cam through a two-way mirror during his session.


*Every day during Kendall's nap, I carve out some time to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and catch up on some Tivo. I love this time. :) I really enjoy Quints By Surprise. I like watching how they handle quintuplets, but I really like their marriage and how healthy they are in the way they relate. It's always refreshing to watch a couple talk to each other without sarcasm, nagging, etc.

*I LOVE 103.5's continuous Christmas music!

*I'm behind on Christmas shopping. I would do a lot more online if it weren't for the stinking shipping and handling.

2 comments:

Jessica deBruyn said...

I love the cottage cheese/yogurt mix, and the girls eat it up like crazy - glad your littles like it too! And I love Quints by Surprise - really neat to see how they can love each other and connect in the midst of the chaos. =)

Charlee said...

I used to feel guilty about toating Aubree to and from therapy and school and all the things Breven had to do every day. It did work to her advantage at times. When she was able to participate in therapy she learned at the same time. She learned how to walk and stay with me better than her brother because I got tired of the stroller. She is very social since she has had to wait around school to meet more kids. So don't feel too bad its good for her in some ways too!