Monday, November 21, 2011

victoria gardens at christmas

I've often commented to my friends from OC that I'm envious of all the fun things they have to do with kids around there. It's not that we don't have fun things around here, it's just that there is a little more driving involved. Victoria Gardens is always well worth the 40 minutes for us. This morning we met my friend Jen and her kids there and had an awesome time.

We started out at the Bass Pro Shop which was decorated for Christmas, complete with a little mini Santa's Village, including a free carousel!!

We then headed over to the actual shopping area and let the kids play on the playground. After going to see the huge Christmas tree, we ended the trip at the candy store, where Jen and I tried our best to keep our littlest ones from opening all the candy bins (or eating the candy). :) It was a really fun morning for me to see Jen as well as our kids, who thoroughly enjoyed one another. :)

I thought this was such a cute picture. The elevator looks through to the huge fish tank.


We got there right when it opened so we were practically the only ones. The kids got to play with all the toys without lines. Very nice!


4 comments:

Jen Scholte said...

Love the pictures! SUCH a fun day! So glad it worked out! The group one turned out really good...I'm impressed! Thanks again for the yummy candy!

susan said...

Aw, so fun! Glad you were able to get together!

Jessica said...

How fun! You always come up with fun outings. I might just have to ask you if you want to do the same thing with me one of these days ;) I am looking forward to work slowing down a little so I can get out and have some fun with my kiddos :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do create fun free/cheap things to do with the kids. Sounds like a great day--with your great friend!

Mom