Tuesday, November 1, 2011

pumpkin stuff

I think my sister and I have similar tastes in food. She started raving about this pumpkin soup she made a few weeks ago. I purchased the ingredients and spent the majority of nap time today making the soup (quite labor intensive). I trust my sister and I'm sure the batch she made would have been delicious to me as well, but my soup was not good AT ALL. I'm sure it was recipe user error, but I must say it has been a while since I've botched a recipe THAT much. :) Sadly it also made me lose confidence in trying other pureed soups from scratch.

Here I am right before I dumped the whole pot down the drain...



Speaking of pumpkins, we had a great Halloween last night. We took the kids to Cam's speech center at the University of Redlands. They held their own small carnival for their students and siblings. It was nice, not crowded, and done in the afternoon.



After dinner we took the kids trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. This was probably my highlight seeing both of them so excited running up to each house. Here they are in their costumes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch--so sad about the pumpkin soup! It must have been pretty bad if even you didn't want to eat it. But so glad you had such a nice Halloween.

Mom

Anonymous said...

I made a squash soup once using a friend's recipe and it turned out watery. I also made a broccoli soup that had the consistency of applesauce. I consider myself a good cook, but dang, soup is HARD! : )