Saturday, October 7, 2017

swinging on a tree

*If you want/need something funny to watch, THIS IS HILARIOUS.

*Wednesday evening, as I was getting home after picking up Cam from Taekwando, I saw Kendall laying on the grass with Chris beside her. She was crying. Hard. Long story short, swinging like a monkey on a tree branch + your friend pushing you = Urgent care visit and a fractured wrist. The doc doesn't think she'll need to get a cast, but we will head to the Orthopedist next week just to make sure.

Waiting room.


Dinner later that night with her "brace cushion" we made out of some towels.


*I was able to go out to lunch with my mom yesterday since I had an extended lunch at work (thanks to an inservice day). Such fun.

*I'm very eager to try the new Maple Pecan Latte from Starbucks. I'm very particular about when I get a hot drink, so the weather will have to cool down a bit before I partake. :)


*Before working full time came into the picture, I used to draw/write little notes for the kids' lunch boxes each day. Enter work. I no longer had the time to draw pictures every night, but I wanted something fun for them to have each time they opened their box. I decided to print out various pictures from over the years. It was a big hit and much easier. Walgreens usually has a deal to where you get pictures super cheap when you buy them in quantities of 100. The kids love them.


*Chris belongs to a mens' group at a local golf course. He typically wins money every time he plays, but the "money" comes in the form of scrip, which he can only use at the course. We've used this fund to go out to dinner multiple times. It has been such a fun treat not only to go out ourselves, but to invite my parents sometimes...knowing it's all money Chris won! This morning Chris took the kids there for breakfast. 

*Soon after the kids get back, we'll head out to the desert. It's been a long time since we've done our usual: Barnes and Noble/Costco.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: