Saturday, May 4, 2019

chocolate smoothie

*Kendall chose to do her CA project on the Hollywood sign. I'm terrible at being creative with school projects, but I think her sign turned out just fine!

  

*Last week we got to visit with some of our favorite people, Jeremy and Ana. We started with a short family hike and ended the afternoon with pizza at their house. Ana even made me the most delicious, moist chocolate cake for my birthday. :)


*Tuesday was Cameron's first track meet. He absolutely has adored track and I'm so happy he decided to do it. Both sets of grandparents were able to come, which made the afternoon that much more special.



*We've been waiting for the past two weeks to go see End Game. The kids have been SOO excited! Though three hours is a bit long, it really was a pretty fantastic movie. Here is Chris helping Kendall hold the oodles of things she brings with her to every movie (which include a blanket, pillow, and stuffed animal). ;)
 
  

*Kendall is having her 10th birthday party next week. We began preparing today by making a few of her layers for her cake, which I'll stick in the freezer. We are making a rainbow/unicorn cake. Yikes! Wish me luck as my cake decorating skills are by no means expert!!!


*I recently stumbled across the most delicious and healthy chocolate smoothie recipe. Seriously.  I followed it exactly but I will say that since it has zero sugar, in order to increase the chances of the kids liking it, I added a tablespoon of vanilla coffee creamer. But otherwise, the ingredients are SO good for you! Cam is a big fan. Kendall likes it, but since she isn't a super chocolate freak like me, it's a little rich for her.








4 comments:

mooshiemom1 said...

This looks amazing? where did you find it?

Anonymous said...

Kendall's right--what says "California" in people's minds today more than the Hollywood sign??!! And, yes, track has been a great sport for Cam to be in--and he's done SO well at the meets! Anxious to see the finished product of that multicolored cake.
Mom

Jessica said...

Her Hollywood sign turned out so cute!

That's fun that Cam has gotten to do track through school.

Happy birthday to Kendall! I feel like we were just doing preschool co-op yesterday 😢

I have made rainbow cakes as well... Funny result is everyone getting bright green poop from the amount of food coloring I used 😂

mooshiemom1 said...

I meant to say " amazing!!" not with a "?"
--Charlene