Tuesday, September 21, 2010


Dear Mr. Criminal,
What an interesting strategy you had yesterday. Wait until a mom comes to pick up her son from school. Correctly assume that she would leave her backpack (purse) in the front seat while she went to pick up her kid. Use those precious 5 minutes to smash her window and steal the backpack. You were also so quick! Using my credit cards within 10 minutes of your theft! Wow! And to then use my Starbucks card to get yourself a treat? Job well done.

Sincerely,
Kelly


Yes, my car was broken into yesterday and my wallet and phone were among the most valuable things taken. The creepy part is that we really do think someone was watching, just waiting for someone to drive up, knowing they would leave their belongings in the car since they just had to run inside. I think even more frustrating than my stuff being taken (because you can cancel credit cards), was the $300 we will now have to pay for a new window. I could think of A LOT of other things that money needs to be spent on.

Chris came right over and helped talk to the police and wrangle Kendall. Cam's sweet teacher let him stay in class for 45 minutes while we worked things out. Not the best day, but at least we are all safe.

p.s. That isn't a pic of my window...just one I found.
p.p.s. Yes, I assumed this was a male (by referring to "him"). Yes, I know women commit crimes too. :)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Kelly,

It was so fun to see you and Kendall this morning. :) I don't know if Chris is "handy", but when our car window was broken, James went to Pick-A-Part and got a window from a car that was the same make/model. He then installed it in our car -- I think it was only $30 or something like that.

I'm not sure if your car is one that shows up at Pick-A-Part often, but I'm sure that James would be happy to help Chris if you want to try that route. I think that Chris has James' cell phone number...he's welcome to give him a call.

Again, I'm so sorry that happened to you! Bummer!

Donna Stark said...

It's kind of a creepy feeling when you come out and realize someone's been "in" your car (at least their arm has), isn't it?

susan said...

Oh I am SOOOO sorry!!!!! What a stinky day!! =( Very violating. =(

Charlee said...

Unfortunatly near his school isint the best area of town :( its tough seeing as it is near a church as well. Glad no one assaulted you. I guess I am going to have to watch out I leave my phone and things in the car all the time when I run in to get B.