Friday, September 24, 2010

random

*I love this pic my parents took at the L.A. Fair. Cam had a wonderful time and even got to have a slumber party at their house afterwards.



*Cam's school had, "bring your favorite food" day on Thursday. I thought it was such a cute idea. They each had a chart of the foods brought and a column of "like" and "dislike". The only food he didn't like were the chicken nuggets. He, of course, brought donuts with sprinkles. :)

*This morning was a rougher morning. The low point was when Cam sat, teary eyed, staring at his breakfast. He wouldn't eat because he had just heard a little cry fit from Kendall (I was actually in the garage with her...not even in the same room). It was difficult to get him to eat and get out of his funk, making him late for school. I was sad and discouraged. I had my moms' group and really didn't feel like going, nor doing anything but staying at home with Kendall. But I made myself go (mainly because I had signed up to bring bread). I'm really glad I did and it was fun to eat a good breakfast and talk with the other moms at my table.

*Speaking of bread, I made probably the best coffee cake I've had to date. Here is the recipe and it's super easy.

*I feel like Kendall's language has been taking off the past couple weeks. She is SOOO cute to listen to and has not only been repeating more of what we say, but remembering the words later. I could listen to her sweet voice all day.

*"The Event", was a hit with us and we will most likely season pass it.

*The thief who stole my backpack also rented two Redbox movies before we cancelled the card. Barbie and My Little Pony. Really, Mr. Thief? That is how you rent your kids movies???

*Chris's parents got the V-Reader for Cam for his birthday. He ADORES it. It isn't often he requests to play with a specific toy, however this one is ALWAYS asked for after dinner. It's a fun toy that reads books and then has games that have to do with the story's content.



*Why is the sound of water so calming? Our neighbors have three fountains in their front yard. Cam and Kendall play with them often and I always find myself enjoying the sound of them.

1 comment:

Donna Stark said...

Ouu, I'm anxious to see that V-reader. I too find that quite funny that the thief went and rented "Barbie" and "My Little Pony."