Tuesday, September 14, 2010

one million dollars


A while back I posed a question to some of my friends. When I ask this, you might think there is no right answer. You would be wrong. There IS a right answer.

Would you be willing to have your taste buds removed for 1 million dollars?

The right answer? Absolutely not!! Now, before you give me your song and dance of 1. It would be so cheap because you wouldn't want to go out to restaurants all the time 2. You could eat so healthy at every meal 3. It would be super easy to lose weight... let me say that I agree with those points. However you must really think about what you are giving up. Don't you look forward to a wonderful meal out at your favorite restaurant? Smelling brownies baking in the oven isn't quite as good as actually tasting them, right? Isn't it fun to make Christmas cookies and sit down together for Holiday meals? There are SOO many wonderful events that are based around delicious food. I would argue that you wouldn't enjoy Christmas dinner if you had to stare at all those faces of pure delight (induced by yummy food), while you ate food that tasted like nothing.

So, while I would love to hear your thoughts on the question, I do reserve the right to argue with you if you disagree. :)

p.s. And how long would one million last you anyway!??

3 comments:

susan said...

Well my first thought was that I could put my kids through college - or most of it. And that really should be more important to me than tasting food.

But then your reasoning did make me pause. It would be a sad thing to miss the wonderful flavors!

Donna Stark said...

Hmmm, I guess just the fact that I'm pausing (with that million dollars dangling out there) shows how important tasting is to me. But then think of what great things I could do with a million...hmmm, not sure now.

Charlee said...

Never would give that up!!! I love food the taste the textures the blends its all too good to give up.