Wednesday, September 22, 2010

embracing my patheticness (yes, I know that isn't a word)


Today my parents picked Cam up from school to take him to the L.A. Fair. Last text I got was that they were enjoying a funnel cake. I can't wait to hear all about it. As with every day, I had a blank slate of an afternoon to fill with Kendall (she only naps in the morning). We started out at Barnes and Noble, where she snuggled almost every stuffed animal they had on display. We next headed to Target. I honestly had absolutely nothing I needed to get. I almost left my wallet in the car, however rethought that after my incident a few days ago. :)

As she was running around the clothing department, I found myself thinking, "Am I the only mom to come to Target with no intention of buying anything?" This trip for us is actually not unusual at all! I often frequent stores like Target (or Big Lots and Marshalls, which followed today's Target visit) with the one goal to A) Let my kids walk around and look at things and B) Kill time. However I soon decided that I don't care if it's pathetic. My kids are getting out of the house, seeing new and interesting things, and I'm given a break of providing my own entertainment for them for a couple hours. So I'm embracing my patheticness!!

1 comment:

Donna Stark said...

Glad you had a nice (though not thrilling) afternoon. We sure had a great time with Cam. When I picked him up from school, his aide said he'd been mentioning the "super duper humongous carnival" he was going to with Nana and Papa all morning. :o)