Friday, October 22, 2010

At Costco today, as the kids were playing with the toys, I saw a woman bring a box over and set it down on a table. She then proceeded to rip open the box and take 2 small bottles out. She put them into her pocket. She glanced up at me and I gave her a, "Did you really just do that?" look. She came over to me and said, "It's ok". I responded, "No, it's not." She said, "You're right. It's not. I'll pay for the whole box." "Yes", I said.

She then proceeded to go pick up the box and walk off. I walked over to an employee and described what happened and gave a description of her. He walked off and I saw he found the empty box she had obviously dumped somewhere. About 10 minutes later, I saw her sitting at a table at the food court. The employee walked up to me and said, "There is actually a lot of people with blue plaid shirts, so I couldn't find her". I told him not to look behind him, but that she was sitting right there. He thanked me and I left. Who knows what happened, but I found it so interesting that she would actually hang out there after someone had caught her rather poorly executed theft. Wow.

2 comments:

susan said...

Wow! What drama! So interesting! You ROCK - I love your simple, "No, it's not."

I can't believe she would even come over and say "it's okay" to get you to go along with it.

YAY, KELLY!!!!! I hope justice was served. Though the good angel on my shoulder wants me to also feel sorry for her that she is driven to do this. And I do. A little. =)

Donna Stark said...

I'm proud of you, Kelly. You could have just looked away as though you didn't see her take the bottles.

Getting caught can often end up being the best thing for a person--propelling them toward "turning around." I hope that's the case with her.